My fave game of the month: March!

A slightly smaller selection to choose from than last month, for two reasons - it's been a busy few weeks and (the main reason) I probably spent about half of this month playing just one of the games below.

So let's see - we have Hollow Knight, Guts and Glory and Night In The Woods on the Switch and Thomas Was Alone on the PS4.


While I did enjoy them all for their own reasons, there was no contest really - Hollow Knight is the standout by a clear mile. (Night in The Woods comes in close second!)

Hollow Knight really did deliver a sense of adventure the likes of which I haven't felt for a long time.
Exploring the kingdom of Hallownest was thrilling, nerve racking, awe inspiring and beautifully somber all at the same time.

Its many twisting and winding passages - more of which continue to open themselves up to you as you expand your arsenal of abilities - kept me totally glued to the controller.

And for those who don't know, I'm a pretty thrifty guy - I love me a bargain.

So as I said in my review, this game offers crazy value for money at about £11.

I clocked up a good 30 hours just sauntering my way through and exploring SOME of what Hollow Knight has to offer.


There's a lot I didn't do, including the DLC packs which - get this - come with the game (Switch version, at least) for the above price.

If you have any vague interest in Metroidvania adventures and are looking for a challenge this is a must.

I may well still do a more in depth spoiler-y piece about some of the things I really loved about this game in the future, because there's just so much to say about this title.

And as mentioned above, Night In The Woods would be my second choice because it is a fantastic game - on any other month it would have been my favourite, but Hollow Knight pipped it to the post this time.

Have you played any of the above games? Agree with my choice? Let me know below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on Ricky Gervais' After Life (Netflix)

Hollow Knight: Absolute Metroidvania joy (Switch)

Defunct: High speed fun! (Switch)