My fave game of the month: February!

Well here we are at the end of February. I've been a Nintendo Switch owner for about a month and I have played some really nice games.

I thought what I'd do going forward (as much to help me keep track of what I've played as anything 😃) is to have a brief look back at the games I experience each month and choose which was my favorite.

There's no set criteria really, other than the amount of enjoyment the game gave me - which could be for a number of different factors.

Who knows, maybe I'll round up the best of each month in December and pick my game of the year!

But enough prattle! What have I played this month?
I started February pretty much exclusively playing Super Mario Odyssey (top left in the pic above, of course.)

Then I moved on to the indie Metroidvania Dandara (top middle), then the point and click adventure Earthworms (bottom left), tough precision platformer The End Is Nigh (top right) and finally puzzle platformer Membrane (bottom right).

So which did I like the best?

Dandara! Let me tell you why...

All of the above games were great for their own reasons, and some of you might be thinking Mario would be very hard to beat.

Yes it's the most expansive, graphically impressive and polished of the above titles, but it's a main entry in the Mario series - of course it is going to be good and highly polished. That is to be expected.

Mario captured me for a few weeks solid and absolutely lived up to my expectations, but Dandara surpassed them in a way I hadn't fully anticipated.

It twisted a genre I have played many times before and in some ways revitalized my interest in it.

Best of all it was made by a small team who clearly put a lot of hard work and love in and I respect that a lot.

You can find out more about why I loved Dandara here.

As I hadn't started the blog in January, I'm going to retrospectively name Metroid Fusion my pick for that month - there's a piece to come about that game next week too, so keep an eye out! 😉


I have just started Hollow Knight and awesome as it is so far, it didn't feel fair including it in a list until I've had more time to explore it.

Thanks for reading and feel free to let me know your thoughts on any of the above games!

Stevo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on Ricky Gervais' After Life (Netflix)

Hollow Knight: Absolute Metroidvania joy (Switch)

Momodora: Reverie Under The Moonlight (PS4)