Fave game of May?

It's been a good month for games in my house.

As well as the amazing and mind-blowingly huge Zelda: Breath of the Wild on the Switch, I've really enjoyed some titles by smaller studios too.

These include Momodora: Reverie Under The Moonlight, Inside, Firewatch, Defunct and Fez.

So which was my favourite?
Zelda is fantastic, of course. Its sprawling world is absolutely teeming with things to see, do and discover and as well as being a joy to play it has an absolutely gorgeous art style.

But that was to be expected - it's a main series Zelda game made by an enormous team. It was always going to be good.

For that reason I'm giving it to Inside this month. That game genuinely surpassed my expectations in all kinds of ways.

It unsettled me and had me on the edge of my seat. It went to some really dark, unforeseen places and left me scratching my head as to the meaning - I love it when a game does that.
And on top of that its gameplay felt very smooth and highly polished, not to mention the lovely animation and art style.

Firewatch was great too with its suspenseful storyline - and Fez is an old favourite, but I've been harping on about it for ages now. 😄

I'm currently playing Gato Roboto but haven't finished it - so that will fall into next month!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on Ricky Gervais' After Life (Netflix)

Hollow Knight: Absolute Metroidvania joy (Switch)

Defunct: High speed fun! (Switch)